These barbells are the strongman’s secret weapon. If you are into strength training, you will love these. If you are looking to train hard for both strength and overall endurance, the log barbell can take you to the next level. Beginners, proceed with caution!
Strongman effectively practices traditional strength, and power exercises. One of the more recognizable staple pieces of Strongman training equipment is the log, also known as the log bar. They are a barbell with a huge “log” or what is basically a cylinder for the shaft, with handles conveniently placed in cutouts within the log.
The Titan Log Bars are the ideal tool to develop your abilities in this intense sport. With exercises such as the log clean & press, which requires strength, coordination, and technique similar to the clean and press in Olympic weight lifting, athletes utilize their legs, posterior chain, back, and shoulders as they progress the log from the ground to overhead position.
These Log Bars are constructed of high-quality, heavy-duty steel coated with a black powder finish to make it the strongest and most durable piece of Strongman training equipment in your gym! Shoulder or wrist issues? No problem! These logs have a neutral grip to reduce the amount of stress on both the shoulders and wrists during your log press workout! Along with the neutral grip, the 24" between the grip handles keeps you in a comfortable position with a natural grip so you can put all your energy into training without worrying about any discomfort!
Like most Strongman logs, these have Olympic sleeves with a 2" diameter to accommodate Olympic weight plates, but what sets our logs apart from the competition is the ability to use standard barbell collars (no need for axle collars!). The logs weigh between 55-115lbs empty and this allows you or your athletes to lift with the log itself - this may be extremely beneficial if you or your athletes are starting Strongman and need to learn proper technique before adding weight. With a max weight load of 500 lb, note that these logs are NOT meant to be dropped directly on the floor, only drop when using crash mats, safety pads, or tires. Proven to be a staple piece in numerous Strongman competition events
- Neutral grip handles. This is a much more anatomically friendly position for the shoulders, and is much less likely to bother the joint during the pressing movement compared to pressing with a pronated grip.
- Instability. Due to its inherently awkward shape and large size, a fair amount of instability is created within the shoulder girdle when the log is pressed overhead. Consequently, this provides a powerful training effect to every muscle that contributes to the stabilization of the shoulder joint.
- More fun. Sure, it's great to hoist a loaded barbell above your head, but doing it with a large and more awkward object is even more satisfying.
- Carryover to the Bench Press. Although this may not be the case for everyone, some athletes may experience an improvement in their Bench Press as a result of performing the Log Press, as a result of increased shoulder stability and triceps strength from locking out at the top of the movement.
- The powder coating makes the clean smooth, and the log's got good weight to it but not enough that it keeps new folks from using it.
- The openings for the handles keep my forearms from coming into contact with the edge, preventing forearm bruising that other 10" logs can give me from trying to lever them to help with the clean.
- Durability is exactly what you'd expect from a Titan product, I've had to bail more than a few heavier presses from near lockout and there's not even a hint of damage to the implement.
- Balance on it is also good, which I feel gives me a bit more control when I'm going for a press or split jerk.
Titan Fitness Product Details:
The centerpiece for Strongman training and competitions is the Log Bar. If you’re looking to improve your physique or just enjoy physical fitness, you’re going to need the proper workout equipment. With our premium weightlifting Log Bar, you’ll be looking like a professional bodybuilder in no time. This unique lifting device is designed by individuals who know what it takes to get the most out of every single workout. An essential addition to your strongman routine, the 10" diameter barrel with loadable sleeves ensures plenty of space for bumper plates. Our neutral hand grips are seated comfortably within the log, and the cutout is more than wide enough to accommodate arms of all sizes. The neutral grip will lower the stress on your shoulders as you press, making your intensive training free of any unwanted pain or residual soreness. The powder-coating paint is scratch, scuff, and rust-resistant — protecting the finish while you knock out presses, cleans, jerks, benches, and rows. The Log Bar’s high-quality steel construction will guarantee long-lasting fitness results for years to come, adding a sleek look to your gym accessories or weightlifting setup. The Titan Log Bar offers an essential piece of equipment at an affordable price and is made to help you work out safely and efficiently. This durable and useful bodybuilding tool is equipped with loadable sleeves on both ends, welded end caps, 1.65” knurled handles, and fits competition plates, so you’ll have everything you need to get ripped quickly. We recommend using a drop pad if your workouts include dropping from overhead. Try Titan Fitness for all your weightlifting and bodybuilding equipment.
- LOG-STYLE LIFTING: This Log Bar is great for both men and women who love lifting. This innovative log-style weightlifting bar creates a more anatomically friendly position for the shoulders than traditional bars. In addition, this bar is much less likely to bother the joints during the pressing movement compared to pressing with a pronated grip (palms facing away from the body).
- IMPROVE YOUR FORM: If you’re not lifting weights right, you could strain or injure a muscle, putting you out of the game for months. That’s why we’ve designed this premium log bar. With ergonomic handles, it’s a great addition for home gyms. It has wide openings that will fit any sized arm, so if you are tired of traditional deadlifting and powerlifting, try this metal log bar.
- BUILD MUSCLE: Get ripped using Titan’s Log Bar! It offers a total of 28 positions, accommodating several different heights and exercises. You can perform a variety of exercises with this log bar, including chin-ups, deadlifts, cross-training, and squats. Place a bench underneath and perform bench presses. You’ll be looking swole and muscular in no time.
- MADE FROM HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: Steel is renowned for its ability to support heavy loads without bending or bowing. This heavy-duty steel can withstand up to 700 pounds. No matter how many weights you lift, the log bar will offer increased support, especially when muscle fatigue sets in. Trust the powerful Titan Log Bar for all your strength training needs.
- FEATURES AND USES: This unique training bar is designed to fit competition plates, making it just what you need to get ready for your next Strongman competition. It has welded end caps, and 1.65” knurled handles. In addition, the neutral hand grips are 26” on center, and this bar has fully welded seams for a great fit and finish.