Monday, November 16, 2020
Monday, November 9, 2020
- RESISTANCE: Smooth, unlimited air resistance provides low resistance at slow speeds and high resistance at fast speeds – user controlled and great for anything from rehab to high intensity interval training
- DRIVE SYSTEM: Industrial grade chain drive system operates as a fixed gear (direct drive) and is extremely durable and reliable
- CONSOLE: Performance monitor LCD display is easy to read with all your necessary information - RPM, Speed, Time, Distance, Calories, Watt, Interval Prompt, and Heart Rate. Chest strap transmitter (not included) is required for heart rate display to function.
- PROGRAMS: Quick mode program buttons include Target Time, Target Distance, Target Calories, Target HR, Interval 20-10, Interval 10-20, and Interval Custom
- SEAT: Performance designed seat enables maximum exercise mobility while still providing support and comfort
- HANDLEBARS: Ergonomic handlebars are designed with multiple padded grip options and are built to take the most intense upper body workouts
- PEDALS: Wide, low profile pedals are anti-skid with dual sided molded pegs for an excellent grip
- FOOT PEGS: Large foot pegs are knurled for better grip, allows user to rest their feet during targeted upper-body workouts
- ADJUSTABILITY: Seat is fully adjustable (up/down/forward/back) to provide users with a proper fit
- FAN: 9 heavy duty steel fan blades are completely enclosed in a 27” wire steel fan housing – added benefit is the fan keeps you cool during workouts
- FRAME: Heavy-duty steel frame is extremely stable and backed by our lifetime warranty
- POWER: No external plug-in required, console uses 4 AA batteries (included)
- STORAGE: Large transport wheels allow for easy transport to any room in the house
It also has several simple programs built in including interval training, distance, calories, and heart rate. I like the interval programs. Research shows interval training is the best for your overall well being. I've taken to doing the 10-20 (that's 10 seconds work hard and 20 seconds rest) in the morning. You go through it 8 times which is a total of 4 minutes. I burn about 50 calories in that 4 minutes and I really feel it when I'm done. If you do interval training right and push as hard as you can during the intervals, you will get to that "breathless" state where the magic happens.
In the physical therapy world, Dual Action Air Bikes are simply smart. Wind resistance is exponential, so the harder you pedal, or push/ pull your arms, the higher the resistance becomes. This naturally provides the right workout for both a novice exerciser and an elite athlete. You will find the bike in heart centers, physical therapies, Cross Fit gyms, NFL training rooms, and millions of homes throughout the world.
Main Points to Consider:
Purchase your XTERRA Fitness AIR650 HERE
Monday, November 2, 2020
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Friday, October 23, 2020
TURBOCHARGE YOUR RECOVERY WITH THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON
Accelerate your recovery and #crushtomorrow with the Speed Hound ProPerformance Recovery System. Provides on-demand, dynamic air pressure that massages your legs after an intense workout so you're fresher and ready to take on tomorrow. Note: Most men are size "long". Heights of 5'5" or taller should order size Long. 5'4" or below should order size Medium. Please read sizing carefully below before ordering.
- More adjustable than other brands: Wide range of pressure settings (20mmHg - 250mmHg), On/off toggle for different parts of legs, Flush and Massage mode, Time settings of 10-30 minutes
- Premium Quality: Attachments are made of high quality material that's durable, lightweight and easy to clean
- Want to try? FULL REFUND & FREE returns within 45 days of purchase - If you're not happy, we don't want your money!
- Peace of mind: We've got you covered in case anything comes up with the system!
with the Speed Hound recovery system! The system, which utilizes dynamic, sequential air compression, is based on important medical technology and principles proven to improve circulation, mobilize metabolites and other toxins like carbon dioxide from muscle tissue, flush out lactic acid, mitigate edema, reduce exercise-induced swelling, alleviate inflammation, and facilitate protein synthesis by increasing blood flow to muscles. In short, this speeds up your body's natural process of healing, allowing you to recovery quickly and consistently. The boots have other applications outside of sports medicine, including rehabilitation from injuries or surgery and treating lymphedema, poor circulation, tension, cramps, restless legs, varicose veins, sciatic nerve pain, and general venous insufficiencies.
After much research and testing across several alternatives (including Normatec), I purchased the Speed Hound Recovery System. After 2 weeks of use, I am happy to report that it is the best recovery product I have EVER used.
Training for Spartan Races and Crossfit, my legs are constantly placed under significant training load. The Speed Hound System has allowed me to significant enhance (and shrink time required) for my recovery. The boots flush my legs of all lactate buildup and after 20 minutes (30 following really long workouts) my legs feel as though I could hop right back on my bike or pull on my running shoes.
Compared to other alternatives, I really appreciate the increased compression available with the Speed Hound System. In conjunction with a reasonable price point these boots are (in my opinion) the best option on the market.The pressure range goes from 20 mmhg to 200 mmhg in 10 increments. (This is an increase of 20 mmhg at each level.)
If you are between sizes, go by your inseam. Some tall people have longer torsos and shorter legs in which case they would fit better in a shorter size. On the other hand, some shorter people have longer legs than torso in which case they would fit better in the longer size. When in doubt, we recommend people go with the size longer.
The boots are bladders covered in a stitched material. They have a zipper that runs down the middle of the boot with a second zipper for people with larger legs. I don't know who would use the larger size because they would have to have enormous legs though. The setup and use are very simple. It has 2 different modes, adjustable pressure and you can turn on/off different compartments. It comes with a nice travel case. Overall we've been very impressed with the quality. We have 2 people that have been using them almost daily for 3 weeks so we can't comment on the long term durability.
Now for the normatec vs Speed Hound comparison. The quality of the two seems to be the exact same. I don't think that one is better than the other in that category. The Speed Hounds can go to a higher pressure than normatec. I doubt many people would be able to go to the highest pressure but it's available if you want it. Ease of use is the same also. A win for normatec is the size of the control. The Speed Hound puts the control on top of the pump box which is similar to the old model of normatec. The new normatecs have a smaller control that can be held in our hand while using the device but I'm not sure why you would need it. Once I started it I just let it do it's thing until it's done. The biggest difference was the price. Normatec retails for $500 - 1,000 more than Rapid Reboot. I wasn't even able to find a pair of used older model normatec's for cheaper than I was able get the Speed Hounds (obviously that could vary from what someone finds).
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Monday, September 28, 2020
Discover the Ways Physical Therapy Can Help You Find Natural Relief
- Physiotherapy techniques – You may benefit from massage therapy, cold/heat therapy or laser therapy.
- Exercise – Exercise can aid arthritis sufferers by boosting circulation, easing inflammation, strengthening joint tissues and increasing range of motion. It can help you improve your balance, if that’s become a problem for you.
- Lifestyle guidance – Your physical therapist can recommend specific changes to your everyday ergonomics or lifestyle that will ease your pain.
- Corrective devices – Your physical therapist can recommend specialized insoles and train you in the use of devices such as walkers or canes.
What type of arthritis do I have?
- Rheumatoid arthritis – This form of arthritis is caused by an auto-immune disease or dysfunction. The same protective mechanisms that normally fight off disease germs decide to turn on your joints, treating them as the enemy and attacking them. This results in painful inflammation that may come and go, leaving joint swelling and deformity in its wake.
- Osteoarthritis – This most common form of arthritis is usually a natural consequence of a lifetime of joint motion, coupled with certain changes that take place during aging. Healthy joints contain not only a lubricating fluid to keep the bone ends moving smoothly, but also a layer of cartilage that acts as a shock absorber and anti-friction component. Over time, however, the production of lubricating fluid can start to dry up, while the cartilage becomes thinner and more worn until it finally breaks down completely. This leaves you with pain, stiffness, and inflammation that usually feels worse whenever you try to move or put weight on the joint.
Understanding the dangers of opioids
- “1. Increases in deaths involving prescription opioids starting in 1999
- Increases in deaths involving heroin starting in 2010
- Increases in deaths involving synthetic opioids since 2013”
Monday, September 21, 2020
Physical Therapy Can Help Improve Your Health and Wellness!
Evidence of the success of physical therapy
The 6 main benefits of physical therapy
Decreased risk of heart and lung disease
Help with conditions caused by age
Fall prevention and balance rehab
Possibility of avoiding surgery
Passive physical therapy vs active physical therapy
Monday, September 14, 2020
The Flying V Pro Plus is a powerful deep muscle massage device with 20 speed settings from 1200-3200rpm to provide all levels of treatment.
Our signature model features an ultra-quiet brushless motor and ships with 6 easily interchangeable attachments for all parts of the body.
Join the flock and see how a percussive therapy device deeply massages to relieve tension and soreness.
All products ship with a travel case.
Check out our Questions & Answers page for more info! Always can use our contact page to get in touch as well!
We set out to offer percussive therapy devices that were reasonably priced without sacrificing quality. Our signature model, the Flying V Pro Plus does exactly that.
There are 20 speed settings from 1200-3200rpm (rate per min of percussion) to customize therapy from a light massage to a intense percussive therapy session. Additionally, the brushless motor allows for a much quieter experience than other products on the market.
Each device comes with a travel case & 6 easily-interchangeable massage heads designed for general purpose or specific muscle groups depending on the style. The attachments page of our site loosegoose.co explains some of the best practices. You will learn which suit your need best after a few uses.
The benefits of percussive therapy are tremendous. When incorporated into your routine it can help increase circulation & flexibility as well as speed up muscle recovery by breaking down lactic acid buildup - which is a key factor in causing body fatigue.
Our users range from professional athletes to the regular active type. Both seeing the benefits of using a Loose Goose. From runners to weightlifters to boxers and more, incorporating percussive therapy into your routine can help you speed up recovery and feel better on a daily basis.
What role does massage play in your recovery? With the right percussion massager, you could recover faster with greater comfort.
A percussion massager is a handheld device that applies pulses of concentrated pressure deep into your muscle tissue. This form of deep-tissue massage can work knots and tension out of the muscles while improving blood flow and quickly enhancing range of motion. When used properly, a percussion massager can shorten your recovery time while relieving some of the pain, tension and soreness that comes naturally from intense martial arts workouts.
This is a unique that I wanted to purchase because you pay a lot of money for an hour session with this massage gun. I didn’t realize how affordable this machine was until I saw it on amazon. It is a good size and not super heavy. The instruction seems easy and simple to use. I like that I can carry it around and it is very easy to store. It is easy to clean and the machine is very powerful. I get a massage every two weeks because I have a lot neck pains. I might go less because this machine has been a lifesaving. It something you can do yourself or have someone to help you.
1 - 4 Mild Massage
5 - 8 Professional Massage
9 - 12 Muscle Stimulation
13 - 16 Decomposition of Lactic Acid
17 - 20 Deep Muscle Therapy
Monday, September 7, 2020
If you’re going to a big box gym like Gold’s or similar, the monthly price is around $50 on average! You might get perks like a sauna and swimming pool with that, but how many times you have used the swimming pool? You’re there for a squat rack, weights, and maybe leg press - all of which you often have to wait on. In the meantime, there is an overwhelming amount of people and machines, while you just want to stick to your simple routine. Things that bothered you at your local gym won’t be a problem with a home gym anymore!
On the other hand, if you choose to go to a CrossFit® gym on an unlimited plan, you will spend AT LEAST $150 per month. That is $1800 every year! With your home gym investment of $1,000, you'd make your investment back in less than 7 months. Think about it, you will have everything you need in your garage gym for the price of your membership. You don’t have to be constricted by the class hours, you can have your CrossFit® or cross-training workouts whenever it works best for you. If you were missing motivation, nothing can motivate you more than the convenience of your gym and your new gym toys! Some people like the social aspect of a group training gym, being a part of the team that pushes you, but you can still invite people to your home gym. Moreover, you can now workout with your family.
So, to sum it up, if you spend $1,000 to start your home gym you would make your investment back in less than 7 months if you were going to a CrossFit® gym or 20 months for a big box gym. However, the beauty of a home gym, besides saving a ton of money, is that you get to have your schedule. Whether you are curious about lifting or have been in this game for quite a while, a home gym can be ideal for you! If you are worried about not knowing what exercises to do? Street Parking is an online workout programmer with a focus on lifting and metabolic conditioning. Only $180 for a year!
Monday, August 31, 2020