Medicine ball training is one of the easier ways to improve your endurance, explosiveness, and core strength. Use them for anything from wall ball throws to traditional trunk twists, squats, sit-ups, presses, ball slams and more. Bolt Fitness Tempest Wall Balls have been battle tested and they've really earned their keep in the day-to-day grind from home gyms to commercial gyms alike.
Whether you are using our medicine balls for traditional movements such as wallballs and abdominal resistant work, or feel like blowing off some steam with some slams, I trust the Bolt Fitness Med Balls to withstand any workout you put them through. The interior filling is substantial enough to help the ball keep its shape over repeated use, but forgiving enough for athletes to safely stop or catch the ball at high velocity.
This medicine ball quality is exceptional, I have used and purchased competitors as well and this one is far superior. Medicine ball is balanced well, has great gripping surface and even warrantied for slamming. Excellent grip, even when the sweat is pouring. Definitely worth the money, especially compared to competitive brands. The difference, compared to other brands, seems to be in the "catch" for wall balls. These Tempest Balls seems more balanced.
Exercises You Can Do With a Medicine Ball
There is a lot you can do with a Medicine Ball. Not only can it be used to build strength but it is also great for perfecting squatting technique, also known as squat therapy:
- Wall Balls
- Lunge with Twist or Overhead Press
- Squat Press
- Rolling Push-Up
- Shoulder Press
- Figure 8
- Overhead Slam
- Use to learn how to clean
- Use to teach squat and get more comfortable with your squat depth.
- So much more...
Product Review: SHOCK Series Post Insert Landmine
The Bolt Fitness SHOCK Series Post Insert Landmine offers a portable solution for athletes, functional fitness trainers, personal trainers, and those looking for a space saver in the home gym. Place the Landmine post in a bumper or Olympic plate, slide your Olympic Bar or Specialty Bar into the sleeve, and prepare yourself…
Bolt Fitness SHOCK Series Post Insert Landmine is a portable Olympic bar training tool that is designed to insert into any Olympic plate for performing core strength training movements and functional training exercises indoors or outdoors. Getting started with the Post Land Mine is as easy as inserting your Olympic bar into the landmine sleeve and then positioning the solid steel post inside the center hole of any Olympic plate or rubber bumper plate. Use the Post Landmine to perform T-bar row and bent over row training exercises for an intense back workout.
For vigorous core training and more explosive strength workouts involving weighted bar presses and swings, double up your weight plates for a heavier anchor base to support your landmine post. Now, you are no longer confined to training with a landmine permanently attached to a power rack or heavy welded base plate. The small size and light weight of the portable landmine allows you to take your cross-training routine anywhere you can find an available weight plate. Take your field training to new extremes with the Bolt Fitness Landmine during outdoor boot camp. Pull a bumper plate off the pile in the crossfit area of your gym and easily incorporate advanced functional training into your WOD between sets of deadlifts and other Olympic weight lifting exercises.
The most common of the Post Landmine workouts that will have amazing results include some of the following
– Great for training proper squat technique for those new to lifting.
– Reduces stress on the body, especially for those that have mobility challenges or prior injury.
– Ideal for either building strength in the quads and hamstrings either using power thrusts.
– Ideal cardiovascular exercise. H.I.T.T. (High Intensity Interval Training).
– Ideal for creating power. Particularly great for athletes looking to generate lunging power.
– Full leg workout, while incorporating your core.
Single Arm Rotational Press
– Learn to generate power and strength from lower body to upper body (Shoulders).
– Great for shoulder strength and endurance.
– Great Lat workout creating pulling force.
– Use a rope, row attachment, or towel to change up the routine.
Bent Over Single Arm Row / Lawnmower Movement
– Great workout for lats and para-spinal muscle groups.
– Change up where you grab the Olympic bar to hit shoulders as well.
– Incorporate legs for full body.