Because your fitness needs continue to evolve, we have taken the steps to proactively evolve our products as well. The new CrossCore® system reaches the next level in our training and yours. CrossCore’s patented pulley system separates us from any other suspended bodyweight product on the market. CrossCore® System is literally the revolution in suspended bodyweight training!
- Lightweight aluminum alloy
- Increased main rope diameter
- Easier locking and unlocking of pulley wheel
- Color markings and audible clicks verify locking motion in progress and pin engagement
- Rope Adjuster Device™ (RAD™) allows easy adjustment of handle placement and rope lengths
Unlocking Pin Engagement System allows pulley wheel to rotate freely and enables CrossCore® to act as a pulley machine by attaching a counterweight, such as a kettlebell, dumbbell or sandbag, to one end. Using two counterweighted CrossCore units spaced eight feet apart makes for one of the smoothest cable crossovers on the market.
Handles / foot and arm cradles pad the feet and arms when performing certain exercises like knee raises and hamstring curls. These cradles open and close for a snug fit on the hands and feet so the user won’t slip out while exercising.
Resistance for most exercises can be increased or decreased in \"micro increments\" simply by moving the feet forward or backward.
Optional Ceiling/Wall Anchor allows user to create an anchor point for the strap when one is not already available. (see instructions for mounting info BEFORE installing)
Take it with you! Your CrossCore® system weighs about 4 lbs. (1.8 kg) and can go with you to the park, to the gym, on vacation or wherever for a change of pace, and it all fits into a convenient carry bag.
The Crosscore 180 system makes use of a pulley system to create a level of instability to enhance the core training aspect of every exercise. It also provides handles that can be attached to the trainer’s ropes with carabiners.
- Instability -
- the unique pulley system which features a rope thread through a movable pulley creates an extra layer of difficulty for every exercise. The effect of this is that the core and other stabilizer muscle groups are far more engaged than on other systems.
- Rotating Pulley -
- The design of the pulley allows for a wider range of motion than other suspension systems, providing the ability to perform twisting back and forth pulling type exercises.
- Pin Lock -
- By simply inserting a pin, the system reverts to a conventional suspension trainer, allowing you to eliminate the instability.
- Price -
- The Crosscore is by far the most expensive unit that we came across. Keep in mind, however, that it offers more than a conventional suspension system.
- Weight -
- Even though the system comes with a handy carry bag, it still weighs twice as much as most of the other units Ive used which may decrease portability for some.
There's simply more you can do with the war machine vs other suspension trainers. With the rotating wheel it opens up more doors for creativity. What I also love are the carabine clips that hold the handles. This allows further options in being able to switch attachments.
It's a little extra in price than the TRX, but definitely worth it in it's versatility and durability. You can tell from the handles, clips, and construction that it's much stronger than the trx. Another major selling point of me personally is that it's made in the USA. I always try to seek out US made exercise products as they do tend to be better quality. The rotational wheel keeps your body honest. Your body will be force fed balance and symmetry.
If you are designing a home gym, you can get by with just having this one piece of equipment as I have seen people saying you can do upwards of close to a thousand exercise variations and difficulty levels. And you should know this, rotational movements are the best for performing core exercises and this pully system allows for that.
If cost is not an issue for you then the Crosscore 180 system has a lot going for it. It offers a greater level of intensity that will translate to quicker results. We really liked that it quickly converts back to a normal suspension trainer with the simple insertion of a pin.