- Decrease pain during sport or activity
- Aid healing of certain knee injuries
- correct patella alignment
- Allow an earlier return to sport or activity following injury
- Reduce the likelihood of injury aggravation
- Prevent knee injuries during high risk sports
- Improve activation of the inner quad muscles
Indications for Patella Taping:
- With certain knee injuries such as runners knee and where abnormal patella tracking is contributing to the injury.
- To prevent injury or injury aggravation
- As always consult a medical professional before use.
When to avoid Patella Taping:
- Allergic reaction to tape
- Certain injuries such as fractures
- Increase in symptoms (pain, aches, itchiness, numbness, swelling etc)
- Circulatory or sensory problems