This is a list of common lower body exercises PT's will rx after surgery and certain lower body pathologies. More detail will be given in future posts.
- Bend ankles up and down (helps promote ROM and blood/fluid flow)
- Do this exercise in sitting or standing position only
- Tighten buttock muscles by squeezing them together. Hold 5 seconds. Relax.
Short Arc Quad:
- Place Blanket roll under knee. Lift foot off bed until knee is straight. Slowly lower heel to bed.
Sitting Long Arc Quad:
- Tighten muscle in top of thigh and straighten out knee.
- Keep thigh on chair. Slowly bend knee and lower leg back to floor.
Side Leg Raises:
- Stand up straight with hands on walker or counter.
- Slowly kick operated leg out to the side. Bring back to center.